The government on Tuesday reduced import duty on crude palm oil to 10 per cent, and other palm oils to 37.5 per cent till September 30, a move that will help lower edible oil prices in the domestic market. The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) in a notification reduced the basic customs duty on crude palm oil to 10 per cent and palm oil other than crude palm oil to 37.5 per cent with effect from June 30, 2021.
Currently, customs duty on crude palm oil is 15 per cent, while it is 45 per cent for all other categories of palmolein (RBD Palm Oil, RBD Palmolein, RBD Palm Stearin and any Palm Oil other than Crude Palm Oil).
!1 New UpdateClick here for latest updates
Wrap Up: All you need to know
- Govt slashes import duty on crude palm oil to 10 per cent from 15 per cent till September 30
- Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant gets another extension, till June 2022
- Walmart launches Vriddhi Cares to help MSMEs with COVID-19 support
- Nirav Modi renews UK extradition appeal, to be heard on July 21
- Elon Musk ready to invest as much as $30 billion in Starlink
- JLR launches Range Rover Sport SVR at Rs 2.19 cr
- Aditi Ashok qualifies for her second successive Olympics
- No Covid vaccination at govt centres in Noida on Wednesday
- Informants to get up to Rs 10 cr reward under Sebi’s prohibition of insider trading norms
- Parliamentary panel seeks Twitter’s reply within 2 days on locking of accounts of minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, MP Shashi Tharoor: Sources
Odisha to auction 10 iron-ore blocks soon
Odisha government on Tuesday said it will put 10 iron-ore blocks under the hammer and will invite interest in early July, a senior state government official said.
Passengers boarding the train from Maharashtra to Karnataka are requested to have a negative RT-PCR certificate not older than 72 hours or vaccination certificate of at least one dose of COVID 19 vaccine before boarding: Chief PRO, South Western Railway, Hubballi
Walmart launches Vriddhi Cares to help MSMEs with COVID-19 support
- Global retail major Walmart on Tuesday announced the launch of Vriddhi Cares, to extend COVID-19 support to MSME employees and their family members in the country.
- Under this, the company will help micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to support employees and their family members with telecare services and health advice, according to a statement.
Nirav Modi renews UK extradition appeal, to be heard on July 21
Twitter India is not ready to admit that its content, pornographic per se, is unsafe for kids. We also found that they (Twitter India) lied to us about Twitter Inc not linked to them. Two of its directors are salaried employees of Twitter Inc
– NCPCR Chairperson Priyank Kanoongo
Elon Musk ready to invest as much as $30 billion in Starlink
Billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk said on Tuesday that his Starlink venture was growing quickly as he forecast total investment costs in the satellite internet business at between $20 billion and $30 billion.
Today, US Agency for International Development (USAID) announced $41 million in support to help India respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and strengthen the country’s preparedness for COVID-19 and future health emergencies: USAID
JLR launches Range Rover Sport SVR at Rs 2.19 cr
- Luxury automobile manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover India on Tuesday launched the luxury performance SUV Range Rover Sport SVR in India priced at Rs 2.19 crore.
- The SUV is powered by a ‘5.0 I supercharged V8 petrol engine’ that delivers a power of 423 KW and torque of 700 Nm and is capable of accelerating from 0-100 km per hour in 4.5 seconds.
No Covid vaccination at govt centres in Noida on Wednesday
All COVID-19 vaccinations scheduled for Wednesday at government-run centres in Gautam Buddh Nagar have been deferred to July 6, officials said on Tuesday.
Govt slashes import duty on crude palm oil to 10 per cent from 15 per cent till September 30
Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant gets another extension, till June 2022
Aditi Ashok qualifies for her second successive Olympics
- India’s top ranked woman golfer Aditi Ashok will take part in her second successive Olympic Games in Tokyo next month after finishing 45th on the qualifying list released on Tuesday.
- Aditi thus joined Anirban Lahiri and Udayan Mane to make it a team of three to Tokyo. Lahiri also like Aditi, will be participating in his second straight Games after Rio, 2016.
National Investigation Agency (NIA) takes over the probe of Jammu AFS Drone Attack case
The case has been registered under sections 3 & 4 of Explosive Substances Act, 1908, sections 13, 16, 18 and 23 of the UA (P) Act, 1967 and sections 307, 120B of IPC.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh requests Centre for more doses of COVID-19 vaccines, says state has run out of Covishield stock and has limited doses of Covaxin
C Sylendra Babu appointed as the new Director-General of Police (DGP) of Tamil Nadu succeeding JK Tripathy who retires on June 30
It is to clarify there is no banning on Covishield, we have set up in place a new system of Digital Covid Certificate which is meant to facilitate travel within the European Union
– Ugo Astuto, Ambassador of the European Union to India
Parliamentary panel seeks Twitter’s reply within 2 days on locking of accounts of minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, MP Shashi Tharoor: Sources
India jumps 37 places to be ranked Keycap 10th in Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI) 2020, 4th in Asia-Pacific as part of a survey by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU): Permanent Mission of India at UN, Geneva
PM Narendra Modi to interact with beneficiaries of ‘Digital India’ on 1st July at 11 am via video conferencing
Informants to get up to Rs 10 cr reward under Sebi’s prohibition of insider trading norms
Coal India to replace the huge fleet of Heavy Earth Moving Machines equipment on diesel consumption with LNG
- Coal India Ltd. (CIL) will replace the huge fleet of Heavy Earth Moving Machines equipment on diesel consumption with LNG. CIL will take series of measures to offset carbon emission in mining operation in all its coal producing companies: Ministry of Coal
- CIL has envisaged to create a carbon offset of around 2.5 lakh tonnes in next 5 yrs. With active implementation on all the above fronts, CIL is committed to achieve a carbon offset of more than 60,000 tonnes by end of this year which will be a major breakthrough: Ministry of Coal
Parl panel tells Google, Facebook they have to comply with new IT rules, court orders: Sources after deposition over social media misuse
Himachal Pradesh | Shrikhand Mahadev Kailash Yatra postponed as preparations could not be done due to COVID19 pandemic: Ashutosh Garg, Deputy Commissioner, Kullu District
Reliance Industries says co and ADNOC sign agreement for chemical projects
Digital gaps amongst nations create an unsustainable environment in cyber domain. Growing digital reliance in post-COVID era has exposed digital disparities. It must be bridged through capacity building
– Foreign Secy Harsh V Shringla at UNSC debate on Intl Peace & Cyber Security
Finance Minister holds 6th review meeting on CAPEX & infrastructure roadmap
Ministries and their CPSEs asked to front-load capital expenditure and ensure clearance of MSME’s dues at the earliest and also push for asset monetization
Reports claiming EAM S Jaishankar’s meeting with certain Taliban leaders “completely false, baseless and mischievous”: Sources
Enforcement Directorate (ED) has taken possession of an immovable property having market value of Rs. 5 Crores situated at Ranchi in Bitumen Coal Scam of Jharkhand: ED
Sebi decides to permit eligible resident Indian fund managers, other than individuals, to be constituent of Foreign Portfolio Investors
Sebi amends rules for listed firms; appointment, removal of independent directors will be through special resolution approved by shareholders
Sebi board approves proposal to introduce framework for accredited investors in securities market
Sebi board clears amendments to MF rules to provide for minimum investment as ‘skin in the game’ by AMCs in MF schemes based on risks
PM holds high-level meeting with Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister Amit Shah and NSA Ajit Doval
- Discussions held on futuristic challenges in the defence sector & equipping our forces with modern equipment: Sources
- Aspects relating to involving more youth, start-ups and strategic community in this will be discussed: Sources
Bengal witnessed organised post-poll violence though it has a woman CM; it is shameful: Nadda at virtual party meet
BJP to democratically defeat TMC’s ‘crushing mentality’: Nadda at virtual party meet
BJP will fight to form next govt in Bengal after five years: Nadda at virtual party meet
Facebook representatives depose before parliamentary panel on issue of misuse of social media platforms.
Moderna, the first international vaccine, will be administered in two doses: Dr VK Paul, Member-Health, Niti Aayog
There are four vaccines now Covaxin, Covishield, SputnikV and Moderna. We will soon close the deal on Pfizer as well: Dr. VK Paul
Vaccine has no association with infertility: Dr. VK Paul, Member-Health, Niti Aayog
These four vaccines (Covaxin, Covishield, SputnikV and Moderna) are safe for lactating mothers: Dr. VK Paul, Member-Health, Niti Aayog
Cipla allowed to import Moderna jabs for use in India
New drug permission has been granted to Moderna, the first internationally developed vaccine. This new drug permission is for restricted use: Dr. VK Paul, Member-Health, Niti Aayog
Sebi bans Profitsaim, proprietor from market for 2 yrs
Sebi has banned Profitsaim and its sole proprietor Syed Ayaz from the securities markets for two years and asked them to refund the money collected from investors for providing unauthorised investment tips.
Former South African President Jacob Zuma sentenced to 15 months in prison for defying an order to appear at corruption inquiry
Punjab extends Covid restrictions till July 10
With cases of Delta Plus variant coming to light, Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh on Tuesday ordered extension of Covid restrictions till July 10, with certain more relaxations, including opening of bars, pubs and ‘ahatas’ at 50% capacity, beginning July 1: Punjab CMO
Rupee slips 4 paise to close at 74.23 (provisional) against US dollar
Sensex declines 185.93 points to end at 52,549.66; Nifty inches 66.25 points lower to 15,748.45
The venue for ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2021 has been shifted to the UAE and Oman, with the tournament set to run from 17ht October to 14th November
BCCI will remain the hosts of the event: International Cricket Council (ICC)
Co-living operator Housr plans to raise USD 20mn; aims to reach 10k beds in one yr
Co-living firm Housr is looking to raise around USD 20 million to expand its operations across major cities and increase its capacity three times to 10,000 beds in the next year.
Real economy needs decentralised globalisation, including in manufacturing, food and health. Resilient supply chains must develop in parallel. Full diversity of our planet needs more accurate reflection in global policy making
– EAM Jaishankar at G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting at Matera, Italy
Ramesh Pokhriyal discharged from AIIMS today
Union Education Minister Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank was discharged from AIIMS, Delhi today. He was admitted to the hospital due to post COVID complications: AIIMS Sources
Calcutta High Court accepts PIL demanding CBI investigation into the fake vaccine case
Matter to be heard tomorrow
Data analytics firm Ugam to hire over 1,300 this year
For at least next five days, there is no chance of monsoon in Delhi
- We’re monitoring the situation. The discomfort because of moisture & humidity will decrease because of the westerly winds: RK Jenamani, senior scientist, IMD
- Due to the weak monsoon, we’ll get a large amount of rainfall over Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Bihar & Uttar Pradesh till July 5. There is a chance of flooding also in these regions so we’ve given a red alert, he said.
Mithali Raj back in top five of ICC ODI rankings for batswomen
India captain Mithali Raj has returned to the top five of the latest ICC Women’s ODI Rankings for batswomen after top-scoring for India with 72 in the series opener against England in Bristol.
Multiple cylinder blasts at the Barkat Market in Lahore, multiple shops damaged, details awaited: Pakistan media
Monsoon Session from July 19
Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs (CCPA) recommends Monsoon Session of the Parliament from July 19 to August 13
We’ll do three major works here. First, we’ll provide 300 units of free electricity to every family. Second, all pending domestic electricity bills will be waived off and connections will be restored. Third, 24 hours electricity will be provided
– AAP Leader and Delhi CM, Arvind Kejriwal
He has been exempted for today. We’ve requested them to give us a weeks’ time to produce the documents. We are following due process of law. We aren’t avoiding but cooperating with the investigation agency
– Indrapal Singh, Fmr Maha Home Minister Anil Deshmukh’s attorney